Friday, November 13, 2009

Grandpa and Oma's Visit


Ken and Gerda have been staying in Pinedale since November 1st.  Jonah has loved every minute of it, so has Grandpa and Oma, and so has Mommy and Daddy!  We are going to be very sad when they go back to Evanston this weekend.  Maybe being here and getting to play with Jonah everyday will convince Grandpa that retired life could be fun.

Almost everyday, I have taken Jonah up to my parent's cabin.  They watch him all day while I have been trying to get homework done (like I am right now).  We either pick him up in the evening or they bring him down.  I think they spend most of their day  playing and laughing with the little guy. 

While here, Oma and Grandpa also had Jonah overnight for his first night without his parents.  We went to Jackson for some fun with friends and hit up the Jackson ski swap.  I scored a new pair of tele boots for $80 and Josh came away with a new helmet and used pants for $15...sweet!  It was nice to have a night to ourselves but we did miss Jonah.


Here are a couple of pictures of Jonah with his Oma and Grandpa:


1 comment:

  1. Wow Su, a night away from Jonah already... good for you guys! Lola is 16 months and we haven't had one of those yet. Kirk has had plenty of nights away from her, but I haven't yet. Once I was headed up to Lava for the night, and I got to Smithfield and I turned around and went back home. I just couldn't do it! But we are thinking of leaving her with my parents for a few days next April when we're in Australia. Kirk & I might go on a mini vacation, while we're on vacation :)

    ReplyDelete